Kimsoohyun   home am.9:34, Sunday ( 281hit )
작품 설명 statement _ Hope

현대인은 과거 어느 때보다 윤택한 삶을 살고 있으나, 매체의 영향을 많이 받는다. 물질만능주의는 인간이 물건화, 수단화 되고, 미래에 대한 불안과 경쟁은 더 심해졌다. 인간의 욕망을 키우고, 무의식을 구체화시키는 것은 매스미디어이다. 이상세계를 보여주는 매스미디어를 보면서 즐거워하기도 하고, 현실과의 괴리감으로 괴로워하기도 한다. TV에 나오는 뉴스를 보고 대중매체가 선전하는 브랜드를 사용하는 평등한 사회처럼 보인다. 하지만 일상은 고도로 체계화된 자본주의 메커니즘에 의해 통제되고 조정된다.  

본인은 이 시대 인간내면 갈등과 심리를 돌아보았다. 무심코 소비하는 이미지의 욕망 논리를 차용함으로서 인간의 다중적인 리얼리티를 재현하고자 했다. 이러한 매스미디어에서 쉽게 볼 수 있는 이미지를 대칭시켜 다른 각도와 스케일로 재맥락화했다.

작업을 통해 소통하고 싶기도, 한편으로 표준화된 주제 뒤에 숨고싶기도 하였다. 이것은 현대인의 특징이기도 하다. 우리는 독립적이면서도 소외감, 단절감을 쉽게 느끼고, 매체를 통해 관계와 소속을 계속 만든다. 이러한 인간의 양면적인 태도를 대칭이미지를 통해 표현하였다. 이러한 대조적인 감정을 나타내는 장치로 대칭구조, 스푸마토, 한 가지 톤으로 변형된 색체를 사용하였다. 이것은 원본 형상을 강조하기도 하고, 기하학적인 구조로 변형되기도 한다.

데칼코마니를 통해 우연히 만들어진 이미지는 사람들의 무의식을 두드린다. 이미지는 의도하지 않았던 형태가 되면서, 각자의 잠재의식으로 형상을 파악하도록 이끈다. 사람들은 보이는 대로 보는 것이 아니라 보고 싶은 대로 본다. 작품이미지는 구체적 형상보다는 전체화면을 구성하는 심리적 이미지이다. 에로틱한 포즈의 신체이미지는 거울처럼 반사된 대칭이미지와 합쳐져 거대한 실루엣을 형성한다. 스푸마토 방식처럼 흐려진 형상과 변형된 색채는 추상과 구상을 넘나든다.

The desire, collective unconsciousness and social compulsion that I want to express have
already been pointed out in detail by advertisements, and I chose such advertisement images
and transformed them. The transformed shapes reveal my emotions by maximizing them, or
hiding them. The contradiction of shape shows the contradiction of life. I am in a conflict
between the two emotions of wanting to converse with people through my artwork and to be
remembered only as a happy person by concealing my actual emotions. I hope that the
symmetric images that have been created as its measure will stir up the audiences'
imaginations that are different from the original intent or be received by them as amusing
pleasures.

I lead the audiences to trace back and recollect the feelings, impressions and memories
of each individual audience. In this sense, it can be seen that I am purposely allowing a
margin so that the audiences can bring back with them their own tastes and views in their
communication with the artwork.

I aimed at perfect utopia in my painting. Symmetry images give perfect balance of
canvas and give an harmony of space. Symmetry is method for canvas to be a sense of
stability and give an order. I want to overcome my status anxiety using the symmetry form.  

The series of images that stir up the observers' various imaginations and understanding
are the result of the manifestation of my desire for infinite communication with the audiences.

My painting is based on a Status Anxiety(1) of contemporary people.Since man`s desire is endless,
nothing can fully satisfy their needs. Modern man is so burdened with the archaic traditions of the
past as well as the anxieties of modern-day living that I must go through a deep cleansing process
before I hope to discover the thought-less, relaxed state of meditation.

Now to get a stability, I listen a music of Osho Rajneesh. He is philosopher of  Spirit & Religion. His
speech is a spiritual path that combined elements from Hinduism, Jainism, Zen Buddhism, Taoism,
Christianity, ancient Greek philosophy, many other religious and philosophic traditions, humanistic
psychology, new forms of therapy and meditation, etc.

With listening his meditation music I will have painted the drawing in extempore amusement. That
make me calm. My sensitive painting is like abstract art work of Julie Mehretu and Wassily Kandinsk.

I want to distilled the essence of what is significant to the spiritual quest of contemporary man.

(1)Book - <Status anxiety>, Author - Alain De Botton

←  작품설명 statement _ 움켜쥐다 To have, to hold Kimsoohyun  
  →  작품 설명 statement _ Mother Kimsoohyun  
  list  re        

Copyright 1999-2018 Zeroboard / skin by E*so